CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, Kitchen & Bath Industry Show, April 27, 2012 –At theindustry’s top kitchen and bath show with more than 550 exhibitors, Bertazzoni, the oldest family-owned manufacturer of cooking appliances, was recognized with the prestigious KBIS “Best of Show Award” for one of the company’s newest products, theSegmented Cooktop. The award is given to the product that exhibits the best in functionality, quality/durability, flexibility, aesthetics/style, and innovation.
The Bertazzoni Segmented Cooktop combines the power of gas, electric griddle, and induction cooking in one product platform to transform surface cooking for good. The low profile design fits the standard cut-out for a 36” cooktop and each cooking surface is designed with three 12” segments per fuel type.
“Between receiving the Best of Show Award and connecting with the warm and welcoming design community, we had a very exciting week at KBIS,” said Nicola Bertazzoni, vice president of sales and sixth-generation family executive for Bertazzoni, who was present at the show to accept the award.“When we set out to create the Segmented Cooktop we recognized that people are more and more aware of the advantages of induction, gas, and griddle cooking surfaces and would love to be able to combine them without having to choose just one.”
An Award Winning Product Line
The Segmented Cooktop is just one of dozens of products included in the Bertazzoni Built-In Linewhich was launched in fall 2011 and designed to offer homeowners unparalleled style and precise performance. Also included in the line is a series of wall ovens and ventilation systems that are available in both Professional and Design models and feature several industry firsts:
• Exclusive high-resolution LCD display with user-friendly touch interface to control the oven functions
• Dual diagonal convection technology for optimal heat distribution on seven levels
• The Assistant, a bank of cooking sequences uniquely customized for nine food categories and equipped with sensors to provide the cook with the optimal cooking results
In addition to the KBIS “Best of Show Award,” the Built-In suite of cooktops and wall ovens have been recognized with other industry awards for their sleek design and advanced innovation since the time of launch:
• CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree: Bertazzoni Design Series 30 inch Double Oven
• 2011 Interior Design Best of Year Award Finalist: Bertazzoni Design Series 36 inch Segmented Cooktop
• GOOD Design 2011 Finalist: Bertazzoni Design Series Built-in Oven
“As a company and as a family, we strive to create innovative products that exude our passion for cooking and design,” said Paolo Bertazzoni, president and fifth generation chief executive officer of Bertazzoni. “We are humbled that our work has been recognized by the industry.”
Design Resources Tools
Also announced at KBIS, the Bertazzoni Design Resources initiative will include a set of three new tools to help the design community incorporate Bertazzoni products into blueprints and interior design layouts:
• A website where designers can download specs, images, and 3D drawings for all the Bertazzoni products. The site will include a member-only section which will showcase
designers’ work and allow them to share tips and comments with peers.
• A complete Bertazzoni e-catalog, available to all licensed users of 20-20 design software, the leading kitchen planning software solution created specifically for kitchen and
bath industry professionals.
• A physical toolkit that will include the Bertazzoni product catalogs, a printed specification guide with all details necessary for planning and installing Bertazzoni appliances,
and a disc with the 20-20 e-catalog. (Available summer 2012).
Based in Italy, Bertazzoni is a 130 year old family-owned company that manufactures ranges, ovens, cooktops and ventilation systems. Designs range from contemporary and traditional to classic. Embracing a strong heritage of fine engineering and the culinary culture of the Emilia Romagna region, Bertazzoni products are built with passion and precision by people who know about cooking, for people around the world who love to cook. Multimedia components, including Bertazzoni product and family photos and company timeline, are available upon request. For more information visit www.bertazzoni.com and like the company on Facebook: facebook.com/Bertazzoni-Italia.