Chef Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen and it's the classic!
Makes 1½ cups
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup real Mayonnaise (only if you are using this for potato salad)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup finely grated fresh horseradish or prepared horseradish
- ¼ lemon, seeded
- 1 bay leaf crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Creole mustard (preferred) or brown mustard
- 2 Tbsp catsup
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
In a blender or food processor, beat the egg yolks 2 minutes. With the machine running, add the oil in a thin stream. One at a time, blend in the remaining ingredients until well mixed and lemon rind is finely chopped. Chill well.
For Potato Salad:
Peel & Dice 3 lbs. of russet potatoes to ½ inch cubes and boil to fork tender. Drain in a colander and season lightly with salt and pepper. While the potatoes are still hot, fold in Remoulade sauce gently so only a few of the pieces will cream out during the mix. Serve or refrigerate immediately!
Enjoy with gumbo as a substitute for rice!