- 4 eggs
- 3/4 c. vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 c. applesauce
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. white sugar
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple (drained)
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or nutmeg)
- 3 c. grated carrots
- 1 c. chopped pecans (optional)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 c. butter (softened)
- 3.5 c. confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
1. Preheat your Viking oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, applesauce, oil, sugars, and 3 teaspoons vanilla. Stir in drained pineapple. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake in the preheated Viking oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack and cool completely.
4. To make frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and extracts. Beat until mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost the cooled cake.